Sunday, July 1, 2007

Independence Day!

One of my co-workers, Suzanne, lives in the town of Wollaston. To save about $50K on fireworks and hiring pryotechnicians, they shoot off fireworks on June 30th instead of July 4th. At first, I thought that was a lame idea, but I guess fireworks on any day is a good thing. =)

Despite Carlos being out of town and not knowing anyone at the party other than the host, I took out my brave social armour and had myself a good time. Everyone there was so kind and inviting. I felt so comfortable! I couldn't have asked for a better way to spend my Saturday evening in Boston. Going to a buddy's house on the beach, enjoying good company, watching the sun set, drinking beers, eating freshly grilled burgers, watching fireworks, and feeling the heat from throwing gas into the bonfire. Good times, good times. And thanks to Suzanne, I held my first sparkler! It was so pretty.

If I get any pics, I'll definitely post them up.

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!!

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

I'm glad you had a great time. :) Sparklers are fun!