Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Nervous

OMG...I am so nervous about my new job.

I was interviewed for the position of Clinical Research Coordinator II about two months ago and I was given an unofficial job offfer from the Principle Investigator about a week later. She said I couldn't be offered the position officially until the girl I am going to replace gives her letter of resignation. So finally a month later, the girl declares her last day of work, and I get the phone interview with HR soon after. I figured the interview went well, and I'm assuming that my former boss gave a good letter of rec. I'm supposed to start on August 27th, but I still haven't heard anything from my workplace!!!!

So I finally decided to call today and I find out that the HR woman that I was working with left and now there's a new person in charge of my paperwork and doesn't have a clue as to who I am!!! I had better have a job waiting for me when I get back to Boston or else I'm gonna go insane!!!!!! ARG! It has to happen this way, doesn't it?! AGLK!

btw...my life has been wonderful for the past month. Ususally, when I don't write for a while, it means that life is great, I'm super busy, and that I don't have much to complain about. I should really write about the cool/fun stuff that goes on too, so it doesn't seem like I have a miserable life. Anyway, quick update: I went to Belgium, the Netherlands, and Germany for ten days with Carlos and a week after, I came back to California to see my lovely family, and awesome buddies for two weeks. Hopefully when I come back, I'll be employed.

2 comments:

T.P. said...

Wow! That's awesome! I am totally jealous of you. I want to go to Europe. You need to upload pictures soon woman!!

I wish I was back at home so I could see you, but I won't be home until December 12. Will you be coming back to California anytime soon??

I miss you lots. *big fat hug*

Jeannie said...

I'm glad things worked out with your new job!