Monday, October 15, 2007

Getting my craft on!

So lately, I've been in a very crafty mood. I've been inspired to make something that I can actually wear, other than scarves, socks, gloves, and the such. Although I haven't mustered up enough courage to go into body shapes, I am taking on a wanna-be poncho. I'm about a third done. I have also been working on a new bathroom rug. And is finally finished!!!

Tada!!!

It needs a bit of blocking, but it's finished and I LIKE IT!

Next on the list, my halloween costume: my dirndl - a traditional bavarian dress.


I bought it from a second-hand shop on my last trip to Europe. The dress was about 30 euros, and the tiny blouse that goes with it costs an extra 30 euros and I wasn't about to cough up that money for something that only covers my boobs. So originally, I was going to have my dad make it, but he was a bit busy when I visited and I didn't get a chance to make the request. So I decided to take matters into my own hands and make it myself. Yes, that's right, I bought a sewing machine. And here are the goods:



I got so excited about making my blouse that I stayed up until 3 am finishing it. Although it's a really simple top, it took me forever to make it because I've only have one prior experience to sewing before this.
After the blouse, I thought that I might as well complete the costume by making an apron and putting some tule underneath the skirt to give it more umph.



Drum roll please...




Not bad for a first-timer, eh?
Now I gotta work on Carlos' lederhosen. Results and pictures to follow. =)

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

ooh I want to see pics of you IN your costume!