Monday, November 12, 2007

Yoga/Pilates

So I've been meaning to get into shape for a very long time now, but my problem is that I can't find any physical activities that I really enjoy doing. I bike to and from work everyday, but it only takes about 20-30 minutes both ways. I wanted to do something extra, and for a while I ran 2-3 times a week, but since it's definitely one of my least favorite activities it only lasted a month. I would find any excuse to get out of it: too windy, it's raining, too cold, etc.

So now I'm trying to pick up yoga and pilates. I'm taking those classes where they heat up the room from 80-105 degrees. I thought it was gonna be nasty in such a warm room, but it's actually quite nice and toasty. So far, I've found out that I am totally not flexible, and that I have no core strength whatsoever. I can't even sit up straight with my legs flat in front of me. I was seriously sore from both the yoga and pilates class. But I think it's a nice challenge. Hopefully I'll stick with these classes and become stronger and more flexible. I can't wait to touch my toes!

No comments: