Sunday, February 25, 2007

Domestic man?

A few days before Carlos' recruit came over, I wanted the apartment to look presentable which meant sacrificing a couple nights of studying to clean and do laundry. But Carlos was really considerate and offered to vacuum which reduced it to one cleaning night for me.

A couple days went by and he didn't do a thing. I nagged and nagged, and thought I would have to get the entire apartment cleaned up and hour or two before the recruit arrived. To my surprise, that morning, Carlos not only vacuumed our entire apartment, but mopped the kitchen and living room floor, and washed ALL the dishes in the sink. (Normally Carlos chooses to wash only the plate he ate off and maybe a glass. He rarely ever washes the cutting board, knives, or pots and pans he used.) I was extremely impressed and thanked him for his cleanliness.

The next morning, I went to the kitchen to wash our dishes. And I couldn't help but notice this awful smell coming from the sink. I thought it was the kitchen rag, cuz it does stink if it doesn't dry properly. I smelled it. Nope, wasn't that. Turns out that it was the freakin sponge! Ugh! It wreaked! In all my dishwashing years, I have never ever smelled a stench like that from a sponge no matter how old the darn thing is. Again, it was very sweet of him to pick up some household responsibilities, but he sure has a lot to learn. Oy vay.

Note to self: Maybe I should stop talking smack. It's not like I'm perfect. =P

3 comments:

Jan(i)e said...

LOL I didn't know that the sponges can stink! Maybe he didn't squeeze all the soap and water out? Oh well, can't expect everyone to be raised by daddy..

Anonymous said...

Hahhaha. I didn't realize it can be that bad.

Since we're sharing stories about "the boy" of our lives, I want to share mine with you (since I can't talk to you all the time). He's actually a bit of a clean freak. And he nags me for not cleaning my room probably. Maybe I need to take some lessons along with Carlos.

Anonymous said...

Great work.