Sunday, April 8, 2007

Easter Weekend

Carlos and I were pretty productive this weekend. We practically spent the entire weekend at his lab's library, where there's plenty of white light, is really quiet, and not a person around to bother us. For the first time in a few weeks, I actually studied on the weekend. Usually, I have this awesome study schedule for Saturday and Sunday, but I always end up getting side tracked with chores, eating, napping, and staring at my fish. Yeah...you know, the important stuff and in the end I really only read like a page out of my book.

Things I accomplished:
1. Took a full length test (minus the writing section)
2. Memorized my hormones
3. Became more familiar with physics equations
4. Memorized stuff about the nervous system
5. Spent quality time with my man. =)

As for Easter, I didn't end up painting eggs, but the thought was nice. Instead I doodled a reindeer and a wolf (they were images I saw on the library carpet - kinda like staring at clouds and making animals of them).

Mass was also really nice. I got all snazzed up in a dress that Daddy sent and some cute heels. Other than feeling good about myself (physically), I actually felt like my spirit was lifted and cleansed after mass. I never felt this before. Perhaps, I had been going to life half asleep an now I've finally woken up. This past lenten season, although I wasn't able to accomplish all my lenten sacrifices, my promise to pray everyday definitely opened my eyes. I reflected on my life - focusing on who and what is important, where I saw myself in the future, and how I can improve my life. I see an open field before me, free for me to roam and do as I please. Even though I have a lot to learn and see, at least now I am awake.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, Easter isn't all it's cracked up to be in my opinion. No pun intended.

Jan(i)e said...

Good for you...actually doing what you need to do and what you planned to do. Me? I bought a crochet book, but I didn't try it out yet. lol. oh well, my inspiration hasn't worn out yet! I'll start tomorrow. by the way, I might fix my own car! with the help of sergio and his daddy. lol. Brake pads need a changin.

Jan(i)e said...

Oh gosh, I can't believe you have a website about bettas on here...lol. At least your fish have a good home now.