Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Mess-Wus

Lately, Carlos and I have been playing a game I like to call Mess-Wus. It's like playing chicken, but with dirty dishes. So you start off with a clean, empty sink. As the meals pass, the dirty dishes, pots and pans, and glasses pile up. The way to win the game is avoid doing ANY dishes at all costs, which involves getting desperate at times.

Exhibit A: Carlos and I are having lunch, but we are out of glasses. Carlos picks up a glass from the sink that looks clean, sniffs it, nodds and then serves himself some water in that glass.

Exhibit B: I was studying and then Carlos came in the room with a Peanuts glass (courtesy of Sergio). Then he says, "Whoa, this is the first I ever used a Snoopy glass." Apparently, he subconciously avoids my cute glasses and prefers to drink out of the grown-up glasses.

Since I like using my Snoopy glassware, but refuse to drink out of a glass that looks "clean," when our cabinets are empty, I am crowned the Mess-Wus.

1 comment:

Jan(i)e said...

Only you guys could make a game out of the weirdest things. Mess-Wus? Stepping on each other's feet? Gosh, grow up and make up wierd names for everything like me and sergio do. When Mae gets too full and is on the verge of nausea, it's called seeing Cheese kids. And by the way, I don't think I ever told you but there was a wolf baby outside of the room a few weeks ago at like 4 in the morning. Scariest thing ever. It sounded like a wolf or something howling, then a baby trying to imitate it. Then our cat guard scared it away....and no I wasn't dreaming. It was real! But I was too scared to look outside. Thank God for the cat guards we have!