Monday, September 10, 2007

The b-day plan

Rather than dwelling on crap, let's focus on the future and the good.

The boy's birthday is only a couple days away. I went shopping for his gift today (and I did a little damage for myself too - a pair of brown pumps =P). Carlos goes bonkers for any Hugo Boss leather jacket, but lets face it. One, I don't make that much cashola. And two, I'm not even in med school yet so that I could take it out of my definite future salary. Since I'm pretty positive that he doesn't read my blog, I'll go ahead and spill the beans. I got him the next best leather item from Hugo Boss: a wallet! It's all I can afford at the moment, and his current wallet is falling apart anyway. I hope he likes it. =)

I also wanted to do something special, sort of sentimental...maybe a nice breakfast with fresh flowers. Hmmm...what can I prepare other than his usual cereal? I would cook him some pancakes, but that's a little hard to calculate...although I bet I could do it. And maybe some sausages, and a scrambled egg. I like that idea! I'll just prepare all the ingredients the night before, and he'll wake up to the smell of a buttery breakfast....mmmmmm!

For the evening, we were originally supposed to go to the Interpol concert, but I didn't get the tickets because I was unsure of whether Carlos really liked that band or not. A week after he booked tickets for a soccer game (Mexico vs. Brazil), he said, "This game better be good. I'm missing an Interpol concert for this." So I guess he does like them. =P Anyway, I think it's gonna be an awesome game. I've never seen a live professional soccer game, or any live soccer game for that matter. So this should be a pretty cool experience. And we're going with a couple of cool people from Carlos' school.

Well, biddy-biddy-biddy that's all folks!

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

I think he would appreciate anything that you put effort into. :)