Thursday, September 13, 2007

Quarter Century Old

Yesterday was the big 2-5 for my baby, Carlos. And this was the game plan: Get up at 6am, cook breakfast and finish by 6:30, hop in shower and get ready for work by 7am. Wake up the b-day boy have b-day breakfast for half and hour and get to work by 8am. Work and then leave at 4:30pm. Get the car, the soccer tix and pick everyone up by 6:00pm.

How it went: I woke up at 6:10. I prepared the meal and it took me a whole hour! But well worth the smiles on my baby's face. Here's a pic of the table set up sans pancakes and bacon. And the dozen fresh roses:We enjoyed a lovely conversation and took our time for breakfast. Next thing I knew, I was way behind schedule and I got to work at 9am instead of 8am. =T

Then around 11am, my co-workers and I leave the office so that I could get a tour of the transplant center. When I got back, I wanted to get a tampon from my backpack. I looked under my desk, where I usually keep it and it was gone. I was so confused. I knew that I brought it to work. Then I thought that my co-workers were hiding it from me, but when I asked them, they had no idea what I was talking about. Someone had stolen my backpack!!!! Luckily, there wasn't anything super valuable in there, although there were some slightly sentimental things, like a pair of white flat shoes that my aunt recently gave me. I kept my wallet and cellphone in my purse which I carry everywhere with me. Anyway, the people of my floor were really nice and empathetic. Even the doctors took some time out of their day to help me look for it. Well because of that stupid person who stole my backpack, (s)he ruined my plans for the day. Then I couldn't bike home because I didn't have keys to my lock, nor could I walk two miles in three-inch heels. So my poor birthday boy who had a buttload of work to do had to cut his day short to take over my responsibilities of getting the car and tickets from home.

Work finally ends and everyone gets in the car by 6:30. The soccer game was held at Gillette Stadium (Foxburo), only 25 miles away. We totally thought that two hours would be enough time to get there, but we were sooooo wrong! It was bumper to bumper all the way from Boston to Foxburo. It was re-freakin-diculous! The game started at 8:30pm and we got there at 9:30. It took us about 10 minutes to run from the parking lot to the stadium and find our seats. There was about 20 minutes left in the game. Brazil and Mexico were tied 1-1. Not much to our suprise, people took over our seats and were so stuborn to move. These people were getting on Carlos' last nerve and I decided to call security so that Carlos might be able to enjoy a few extra minutes.

By the time the seat stealers finally moved out of our seats, there was 15 minutes left. "Come on Mexico....you can score one!" "GOOOOAL!!!!" Brazil made a beautiful shot. The sea of Brazilians wearing yellow shirts goes absolutely wild. Drums are banging, the crowd waives their oversized green flags. Only a couple hundred people sit still in their seats, hoping that Mexico can score another goal to catch up. Two minutes left in the game. "GOOOOOOOAL!!!"Brazil scores again. Thousands and thousands of Brazilians cheer on their country's team. 3-1. Game over.

My poor poor baby had to drive his manual car in bumper to bumper traffic, see only 20 minutes of the game, Mexico lost, and he didn't even get to see that one goal that Mexico got. Then we ended the night with another three hours of traffic coming home.

I guess that Interpol concert, which was playing right across the street from our apartment, would have been better. =(

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

What a crazy day! Punishment for ppl who steal personal items should have their hands cut off. >_<