Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Yay! I get to blog!

I just finished studying what I needed to study and now I get to reward myself with a blog. =)

This past weekend wasn't as productive as I had envisioned it to be, but sure did have a lot of fun!

On Saturday, I attended Knitters Anonymous' First Annual Tea Party. I originally just wanted to hang out for a couple hours, but I ended up staying for the entire afternoon. Our first stop was to Windsor Button. They have yarns, buttons, and ribbons galore! From alpaca, to silk, to cotton, you name it they got it! Omg! I was totally in heaven! I also bought my first knitting book there, "The Knitter's Bible" by Claire Crompton. I'd say it was a great investment. It's got all the basics of knitting plus tons of cute patterns. Here are a few pics of the knitting chicks...


L to R: Mary, Cressida, Christina, all with their pirate faces.


Here's Lorena...not really sure what she's mad at...=T

AND my finished fingerless gloves!

TADA!!!!

Later that night, I attended my first burlesque show by the Boston Babydolls. I wasn't really sure what to expect, but I have learned that burleque is a type of stripping that involves story telling and is really quite an art. For example, in my favorite act, "Baby Did A Bad Bad Thing" plays in the background and a woman walks onto the stage with an ax, in 19th century styled clothing, and a bloodied apron. She sadly bares her bloody hands to the audience to show her regret, but then her wild side come out again, and she dances while artfully stripping to her dress slip. Again she bares her bloody hands. Then she finds bowl of water, gleefully washes her hands and squeezes a sponge over her body to clean herself of her guilt. She finally bares her clean hands and struts off the stage proudly with the ax resting on her shoulder.
I never would have thought of watching a burlesque show had it not been for my buddy, Cressida who is currently an intern for the Boston Babydolls. I can't wait to see what she'll do for her act. And on Sunday, I tried to go to church, but our car was stuck in ice again. =P So I pretty much performed house chores, tried to read up on current events but ended up napping until the evening where I attended Carlos' PI's surprise party in celebration of his tenure. Congrats to David Van Vactor! (It's a pretty cool name isn't it?)

Till next time my dearies.

1 comment:

Jan(i)e said...

You definitely look like a craftster now. And I really wanna go to a burlesque show now. Carlos looks like he's having fun with her boobies.