Sunday, March 4, 2007

New things and new beings!

I adopted two betta fish! Nigiri and Big Fin. It's really funny how they totally have opposite personalities. Nigiri is pretty calm, very much a lover and not a fighter. (This, I know for a fact because he was make a bubble nest for his future fries (baby bettas...I know weird name.) Big Fin is kind of a bully. The moment he sees any colorful fin, he'll flare his gills and fins like no other. Nigiri also loves to eat! He's not very picky, but Big Fin prefers pellets to blood worms. =P Since I bought them, I've been doing quite a bit of reading and found out that bettas prefer to live in large tanks, NOT little vases. Small vases can cause stress and a shorter life span for the poor betta. Secondly, they're tropical fish. I already knew this but for some reason I never made the connection that they need to be in warm water (70-80F), and vases cannot maintain the steady warm temperature they need. Thirdly, I've seen their mating ritual and once I get more free time, I'm gonna buy Nigiri a girlfriend so they have fries! =)

This is Big Fin.Nigiri (not as photogenic) And their lovely large and warm home.
New thing! After reading an article of how nylon and cotton shower curtains are more eco-friendly compared to vinyl curtains, I went out to Linen and Things and bought one. =) Tada!
One more thing. Since Carlos started preparing for this PQE, he has decided keep track of his facial hair growth.
Week one:
We'll see how this turns out. =P

No comments: